Monday, June 1, 2009

Up, Up, And Away

URANUS/NEPTUNE SUPPORT
These two planets are supporting each other by sitting in each others' signs. Uranus, the planet of eccentricity, rests in the sign of illusion, Pisces. Meanwhile, Neptune is Pisces's ruling planet and it drifts in Aquarius, the sign ruled by Uranus. When two planets are positioned in such a way, they make each other's influences stronger. Thus, originality will harmonize with illusion and the phrase "Dare to dream" leaps to mind.

This past weekend, I had the pleasure of seeing Disney Pixar's new movie, Up. Two friends of mine and I eagerly grabbed our 3D glasses and took a row for ourselves. As with every Pixar movie, there was a short film before the feature. I have seen numerous shorts by this point, and my favorite one is the one with the snowglobe. It's so fun. This short was no different from the others. Very cute, and quite enjoyable. Amazing how people think up movies that are quick and simple and yet give us a comprehensive story in a little amount of time. I adore them. They're soundbytes of the film world, but sometimes, that's all one might need to feel quite a range of human emotions.

Having been wonderfully warmed by the short film, my companions and I were ready for the full length feature. I was not prepared for the sweet, poingancy of the first 20 minutes of the movie. I never expected to tear up at a Pixar film. Oh, sure, Wall-E also caught me with its moments of tenderness, but Up just completely got to me and right off the bat. Not half an hour later, I was crying with laughter and before the movie ended, I was once again tearing up with empathy. For such a creative, fun movie, it certainly tugged at the heartstrings.

The Neptunian sense of dream combined with Uranus's originality certainly lends flight to the elderly main character in this wonderful film. I highly suggest that anyone who has ever dreamed of finding a new way to achieve a goal go and see this movie.

Dare to dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment